The author of this modification did not like vanilla caves, but by using Expanded Caves 1.16.5-1.14.4 in the game world, a variety of new structures, pots and urns with treasures from fun mushrooms and natural decorations (stalactites) will be generated.
Now it makes sense to explore the vanilla underground structures in more detail because there you can find a huge amount of easily accessible resources. This way you can find a lot more materials and items than creating it from scratch. Additionally, most of the cave sites have a more realistic appearance because you can find ice passages, green areas, and other beautiful micro-biomes.
How to install Extended Caves
- Download and install Forge
- Make sure that you have the “Java” application installed.
- Download the “Zip” archive from our website.
- Inside this is a “Jar” mod. It can also contain old and new builds.
- Select the latest version of the “Jar” file that matches the game version.
- Please note that some releases may contain bugs, incompatibilities with other modifications, and in some cases may cause conflicts within Forge or Fabric. You can try installing the previous build to fix this.
- Move the “Jar” file to the “Mods” folder.
- This folder is located at the following path:
Mac OS X:
/Users/Your Profile Name/Library/Application Support/minecraft/
Quick way to get there: Click on the desktop and then press the combination of “Command+Shift+G” keys at the same time.
Type ~/Library and press the “Enter” key.
Open the Application Support folder and then Minecraft
Windows 11, 10, 8, 7:
C:\Users\Your Profile Name\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\
Quick way to get there: Press the “Windows” key and the “R” key at the same time.
Type %appdata% and press “Enter” key or click OK.
- The “Mods” folder is created automatically when you install Forge or Fabric, but you can always create it manually.
- Open the launcher and select the desired modloader.
- Launch the game and enjoy the new gameplay.
Created by: Polyvalord