Minecraft 1.18.2 PC Java Edition (MCPE 1.18.12 Bedrock – Android Edition) is the second part of the Caves & Cliffs update, which was created to double the size of the game world. All the features are planned to be gradually added until the end of 2021, but right now players can download it on PC or Android and start testing the first beta versions and “Snapshots” to find out about everything first and get an advantage on multiplayer servers that will soon be updated to 1.18.2 version.
Initially, some of the features described below were supposed to appear in the Minecraft 1.17 Caves & Cliffs update, but due to the pandemic, the authors decided to divide the update into 2 parts. In this second part of the update, the developers from Mojang Studio will make big changes to the game world, for example, the height of the world will increase by 128 blocks, that is, 64 blocks up into the sky and 64 blocks down. If we talk about coordinates, then the bottom of the world (bedrock blocks) will be at a height of -64 blocks (previously 0), and the top of the world will be at a height of 320 blocks (previously 256).
Minecraft 1.18.2 Release date
- Release Date: February 28, 2022
- Latest Version:
- Windows 1.18.2 PC Full Part 2
- Android 1.18.12.01 Full Apk Part 2
Minecraft 1.18.2 Features
The updated generation of the world not only includes a new height (320 blocks), but also a new system for generating mountains and caves, which additionally received their own biomes! Mountains can have one of five different biomes.
Now in the game, players will see real mountains (rocky peaks) that stretch high into the sky and even above the clouds. The height of these mountains can reach a maximum of 320 blocks, which makes them just incredibly beautiful.
Changes in the Size of the Game World
- The game space has become 128 blocks higher, that is, 64 blocks up and down.
- The maximum height was previously 256 blocks which became 320. Also before that, the lowest block had a parameter of 0 points and now it is -64 points.
- For the first time in 12 years, the increase in the depth of the game world occurred in negative values.
Changed Ore Generation
- The ore generation system has been significantly redesigned, now it is more complex and interesting.
- Ores such as coal, emerald, copper do not appear at depths below 0 points (Previously at the bottom of the world).
- Coal is now actively spawning on the surface (in the mountains) and close to the surface
- Emeralds spawn only in mountain biomes and high to the surface of biomes.
- Copper and iron spawn closer to the surface, but other ores lie much deeper, diamonds are most often found at the very bottom of the world.
New Types of Caves
- Now the player can find much more realistic and larger caves that are most close to the size of those from the real world.
- At the moment there are 3 types of caves available, these are spaghetti caves, cheese caves, water caves, as well as several new cave biomes.
- Now there will be large, spacious, and sometimes incredibly huge caves in the world, and sometimes they are completely flooded with water.
- This is another biome of the underground cave system. It consists of caves with various living green plants. For example, there you can see blocks of moss, small flowers, tree roots from above, azalea bushes and many other random things.
- Additionally, clay pools can be found there, illuminated by cave roots.
- A deep and long rift in the ground, it’s something like thinner and straighter than an ordinary canyon. It can be very deep, up to 90 blocks.
- The rift resembles farlands, so players no longer have to install modifications to travel very far from the spawn coordinates.
- The generation of mountains has been changed, now their height depends on the biome.
- On the slopes of the mountains you can find smaller copies of spruce, closer to the top you can find layers of ordinary and dense ice.
- High on the slopes, you can stumble upon loose snow and fall into it.
- Goats, rabbits and less often pillagers now spawn in the mountains.
- In most vanilla biomes, there is a small chance that a mountain with its own characteristics will be generated.
At the moment, the developers are deciding whether to add this mob to the 1.18 version or still wait for Minecraft 1.19 Wild Update to comprehensively update most biomes with new creatures and monsters.
- A new mob, currently not in the game, will spawn in the dark depths biome.
- Completely blind mob, reacts to sounds.
- Very strong, deals 30 damage (15 hearts) to a player without armor or in a non-armor set, he will deal 7 hearts of damage.
- Attacks players, mobs and other entities that make sounds.
- When the player moves with the Shift key pressed, he does not hear you.
- Reacts to a thrown snowball, arrow, egg, you can use them to distract the monster’s attention.