Sodium 1.17.1-1.16.5 modification is an open-source rendering engine that will allow you to significantly increase the frame rate, as well as reduce suspensions and fix graphical errors in your minecraft! Sodium is well compatible with Fabric mods and generally does not change the appearance of the game!
The author has collected the best alternative algorithms for generating the game world to provide a lower load on the GPU and CPU. For example, the latest version of OpenGL rendering is interpreted, which is much faster than vanilla: Vertex data provides faster loading of chunks; the Nearby block updates function contains multi-threaded processing of block types and their contents, so this is one of the ways to get rid of lags while loading a large number of chests and custom mechanisms; Plentiful optimizations feature will add a small cache to store the loading of the last chunks, it will reduce the loss of framerets during the player’s movement, as well as many other auxiliary scripts.
The developers of the modification conducted mass tests among which the following computer builds had the best results:
- Intel i5-7200U @ 2.5GHz / Intel HD 620 (37->69fps)
- Intel i7-3770 @ 4.0GHz / GTX 960 (user-submitted) (27->152fps)
- Intel i3-6100 / GTX 750 Ti (user-submitted) (10->102fps)
- Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0GHz / RTX 2080 Ti (user-submitted) (87->368fps)
- AMD Ryzen 5 2600 / RX 580 (user-submitted) (133->586fps)
How to install Sodium
- Download and install Fabric
- Download a Mod
- Unzip it and copy to C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\ Roaming\.minecraft\mods