Sodium (Sodium Extra) 1.19.2-1.18.2 modification is an open-source rendering engine that will allow you to significantly increase the frame rate, as well as reduce suspensions and fix graphical errors in your minecraft! Sodium is well compatible with Fabric mods and generally does not change the appearance of the game!
The author has collected the best alternative algorithms for generating the game world to provide a lower load on the GPU and CPU. For example, the latest version of OpenGL rendering is interpreted, which is much faster than vanilla: Vertex data provides faster loading of chunks; the Nearby block updates function contains multi-threaded processing of block types and their contents, so this is one of the ways to get rid of lags while loading a large number of chests and custom mechanisms; Plentiful optimizations feature will add a small cache to store the loading of the last chunks, it will reduce the loss of framerets during the player’s movement, as well as many other auxiliary scripts.
The developers of the modification conducted mass tests among which the following computer builds had the best results:
- Intel i5-7200U @ 2.5GHz / Intel HD 620 (37->69fps)
- Intel i7-3770 @ 4.0GHz / GTX 960 (user-submitted) (27->152fps)
- Intel i3-6100 / GTX 750 Ti (user-submitted) (10->102fps)
- Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0GHz / RTX 2080 Ti (user-submitted) (87->368fps)
- AMD Ryzen 5 2600 / RX 580 (user-submitted) (133->586fps)
How to install Sodium
- Download and install Fabric
- Make sure that you have the “Java” application installed.
- Download the “Zip” archive from our website.
- Inside this is a “Jar” mod. It can also contain old and new builds.
- Select the latest version of the “Jar” file that matches the game version.
- Please note that some releases may contain bugs, incompatibilities with other modifications, and in some cases may cause conflicts within Forge or Fabric. You can try installing the previous build to fix this.
- Move the “Jar” file to the “Mods” folder.
- This folder is located at the following path:
Mac OS X:
/Users/Your Profile Name/Library/Application Support/minecraft/
Quick way to get there: Click on the desktop and then press the combination of “Command+Shift+G” keys at the same time.
Type ~/Library and press the “Enter” key.
Open the Application Support folder and then Minecraft
Windows 11, 10, 8, 7:
C:\Users\Your Profile Name\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\
Quick way to get there: Press the “Windows” key and the “R” key at the same time.
Type %appdata% and press “Enter” key or click OK.
- The “Mods” folder is created automatically when you install Forge or Fabric, but you can always create it manually.
- Open the launcher and select the desired modloader.
- Launch the game and enjoy the new gameplay.