Minema 1.12.2 is an excellent rendering modification that allows you to record video while interacting with the game engine. Now you can write scripts that generate thousands of mobs, rotate the camera and specify other small details to make an epic video without a slideshow. In other words, the video will be shot without your participation, and as a result, you will get a high-quality multi-frame video.
Recommended FFmpeg Settings
- Lossy H. 264:
-f rawvideo -pix_fmt rgb24 -s %WIDTH%x%HEIGHT% -r %FPS% -i – -c:v libx264 -preset medium -qp 10 video.mp4
- Lossless H. 264 (RGB mode):
-f rawvideo -pix_fmt rgb24 -s %WIDTH%x%HEIGHT% -r %FPS% -i – -c:v libx264rgb -preset medium -qp 0 video.mp4
Starting with version Minema v3.2, all frames must be flipped vertically “-vf vflip”!
How to install Minema
- Download and install Forge
- Install FFmpeg for Windows
- Install FFmpeg for Mac
- Make sure that you have the “Java” application installed.
- Download the “Zip” archive from our website.
- Inside this is a “Jar” mod. It can also contain old and new builds.
- Select the latest version of the “Jar” file that matches the game version.
- Please note that some releases may contain bugs, incompatibilities with other modifications, and in some cases may cause conflicts within Forge or Fabric. You can try installing the previous build to fix this.
- Move the “Jar” file to the “Mods” folder.
- This folder is located at the following path:
Mac OS X:
/Users/Your Profile Name/Library/Application Support/minecraft/
Quick way to get there: Click on the desktop and then press the combination of “Command+Shift+G” keys at the same time.
Type ~/Library and press the “Enter” key.
Open the Application Support folder and then Minecraft
Windows 11, 10, 8, 7:
C:\Users\Your Profile Name\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\
Quick way to get there: Press the “Windows” key and the “R” key at the same time.
Type %appdata% and press “Enter” key or click OK.
- The “Mods” folder is created automatically when you install Forge or Fabric, but you can always create it manually.
- Open the launcher and select the desired modloader.
- Launch the game and enjoy the new gameplay.