With the No Hostiles Around Campfire 1.19.4-1.14.4 modification, hostile mobs will no longer spawn around the campfire. You can set the range of this function yourself (by default: 48 blocks, minimum 1, maximum 128). As soon as mobs enter this radius, they will start receiving fire damage for half a minute. After this time, the fire will go out.
This is a very useful tweak that has many realistic features that relate to survival in the wild. In total, there are 3 parameters that the player can customize, for example:
- burnHostilesAroundWhenPlaced – enables or disables burning mobs inside the radius
- burnHostilesRadiusModifier – changes the damage priority (the closer the mobs are to the fire, the more priority they will be)
- preventMobSpawnerSpawns – disables the ability to generate mobs from spawners inside the radius.
How to install No Hostiles Around Campfire
- Download and install Forge
- Install Collective
- Make sure that you have the “Java” application installed.
- Download the “Zip” archive from our website.
- Inside this is a “Jar” mod. It can also contain old and new builds.
- Select the latest version of the “Jar” file that matches the game version.
- Please note that some releases may contain bugs, incompatibilities with other modifications, and in some cases may cause conflicts within Forge or Fabric. You can try installing the previous build to fix this.
- Move the “Jar” file to the “Mods” folder.
- This folder is located at the following path:
Mac OS X:
/Users/Your Profile Name/Library/Application Support/minecraft/
Quick way to get there: Click on the desktop and then press the combination of “Command+Shift+G” keys at the same time.
Type ~/Library and press the “Enter” key.
Open the Application Support folder and then Minecraft
Windows 11, 10, 8, 7:
C:\Users\Your Profile Name\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\
Quick way to get there: Press the “Windows” key and the “R” key at the same time.
Type %appdata% and press “Enter” key or click OK.
- The “Mods” folder is created automatically when you install Forge or Fabric, but you can always create it manually.
- Open the launcher and select the desired modloader.
- Launch the game and enjoy the new gameplay.
Created by: Serilum