BSL 1.18.1-1.17.1 is an realistic shaders that were created based on Chocapic13, this will change the lighting with shadow. The colors in the game will become a little brighter and juicier, and by introducing a new animation for water and grass, minecraft will look much more realistic.
This contains a huge number of microscripts for the game world that only experts can distinguish, but we will try to tell you more about them and also divide them into some subcategories.
BSL Global Settings
- Ambient Minecraft 1.18.1 Occlusion
- Adds soft shadows around the surface contact or intersection
- Adjust the quality of the surrounding occlusion
- Ability to adjust the strength of external occlusion
- Adjust the thickness of the environment.
Minecraft 1.18.1 Shadows, Light and Refraction
- Shading Strength – changes the shading darkness on surfaces. Affects everywhere including caves
- Light Shaft – Adds volumetric rays from sun / moon
- Desaturation – Reduces saturation while adding some tint in darker areas
- Desaturation Factor – Adjusts the maximum amount of desaturation applied
- Reflection Translucent – Allows reflection to be rendered on translucent surfaces, such as stained glass, ice, slime blocks, and more.
- Advanced Materials – Enables the use of specular and normal mapping which allows for more detail on various things. This option requires a resource pack which contains specular and/or normal maps, disable this if you don’t use one
- Material Format – Determines the specular and normal map format used by the resourcepack. Texture artists usually tell which format is used in their resourcepack, using the wrong format may give weird results
- Reflection Rain – Allows surfaces to be wet while raining
- Adjusts Speed of puddles
- Reflection Rough – Allows surfaces with lower smoothness to render blurry reflections
- Self Shadow – Allows a surface to cast shadow to itself using heightmap
- Self MC 1.18 Shadow Angle – Adjusts the self shadowing angle, higher value allows the shadow to travel further
- Parallax Quality – Adjusts the quality of parallax occlusion mapping and self shadows
- Parallax Distance – Adjusts how far parallax occlusion mapping and self shadows can be rendered
- Directional Light-map – Adds normal mapping to vanilla lighting. Lightmap may glitch with this effect enabled
- Shadow Color – Enables tinted shadow from translucents. Used for colored volumetric light shafts. Slightly higher performance cost when using shadow filtering
- Shadow Backface Culling – This causes light to pass through terrain as side faces on chunks aren’t rendered even if the neighboring chunk on that side isn’t rendered either.
BSL Microparticles and Effects
- DOF (Depth Of Field) – Blurs the objects that the player isn’t looking at to simulate focusing
- Nether DOF Strength – Adjusts the strength of the DOF in the Nether World
- Chromatic Aberration – Optical aberration that produces different focus depending on the wavelength. We then observe a blurry image with iridescent contours
- AA (Anti-aliasing) – Enables anti-aliasing. FXAA: Faster, works properly with screenshot size. TAA: Slower, captures subpixel detail and improves some effects
- Vibrance – Adjusts saturation of less saturated colors, well saturated colors are less affected
- Spider Eyes – Choose the color of the eyes for spider, enderman and dragon
- Flash 1.18 Victime – Ensures perfect visibility of mobs in the dark once a weapon is in hand
- Detecteur Cave – Allows you to see caves, mineshaft, etc. Use a block of dirt in the cellars to see through the walls.
BSL Water, Sky and Clouds Shaders
- Water Mode – Determine whether vanilla water texture should be used. Default: shader’s flat water color, no texture. Vanilla: vanilla texture
- Water Light shaft Strength
- Mouvement Eau – Used for Water refraction when you eyes is in water
- Tinted Vanilla – vanilla texture with shader’s water color
- Stars Light Intensity – Adjust Intensity of Stars Lighting. Too high a value may adversely affect the reflection of stars on the water if Stars reflection option is enabled
- Horizon MC 1.18.1 Distance – Adjusts sky gradient. Nearer horizon gives slightly brighter sky, further horizon gives slightly darker sky
- Cloud Thickness – Adjusts cloud thickness, higher thickness makes artifacts more visible
- Soft Particles – Allows the particle to merge smoothly with the surrounding water environment
- Particles Visibility – Improves visibility in water by reducing the opacity of very close particles.
How to install CaptTatsu’s BSL Shaders
- Download and install Forge
- Make sure that you have the “Java” application installed.
- Download the “Zip” archive from our website.
- Inside this is a “Jar” mod. It can also contain old and new builds.
- Select the latest version of the “Jar” file that matches the game version.
- Please note that some releases may contain bugs, incompatibilities with other modifications, and in some cases may cause conflicts within Forge or Fabric. You can try installing the previous build to fix this.
- Move the “Jar” file to the “Mods” folder.
- This folder is located at the following path:
Mac OS X:
/Users/Your Profile Name/Library/Application Support/minecraft/
Quick way to get there: Click on the desktop and then press the combination of “Command+Shift+G” keys at the same time.
Type ~/Library and press the “Enter” key.
Open the Application Support folder and then Minecraft
Windows 11, 10, 8, 7:
C:\Users\Your Profile Name\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\
Quick way to get there: Press the “Windows” key and the “R” key at the same time.
Type %appdata% and press “Enter” key or click OK.
- The “Mods” folder is created automatically when you install Forge or Fabric, but you can always create it manually.
- Open the launcher and select the desired modloader.
- Launch the game and enjoy the new gameplay.
Created by: Capttatsu, LexBoosT