BSL 1.16.4-1.16.3 is an realistic shaders that were created based on Chocapic13, this will change the lighting with shadow. The colors in the game will become a little brighter and juicier, and by introducing a new animation for water and grass, minecraft will look much more realistic.
This contains a huge number of microscripts for the game world that only experts can distinguish, but we will try to tell you more about them and also divide them into some subcategories.
- Ambient Occlusion
- Adds soft shadows around the surface contact or intersection
- Adjust the quality of the surrounding occlusion
- Ability to adjust the strength of external occlusion
- Adjust the thickness of the environment.
Shadows, Light and Refraction
- Shading Strength – changes the shading darkness on surfaces. Affects everywhere including caves
- Light Shaft – Adds volumetric rays from sun / moon
- Desaturation – Reduces saturation while adding some tint in darker areas
- Desaturation Factor – Adjusts the maximum amount of desaturation applied
- Reflection Translucent – Allows reflection to be rendered on translucent surfaces, such as stained glass, ice, slime blocks, and more.
- Advanced Materials – Enables the use of specular and normal mapping which allows for more detail on various things. This option requires a resource pack which contains specular and/or normal maps, disable this if you don’t use one
- Material Format – Determines the specular and normal map format used by the resourcepack. Texture artists usually tell which format is used in their resourcepack, using the wrong format may give weird results
- Reflection Rain – Allows surfaces to be wet while raining
- Adjusts Speed of puddles
- Reflection Rough – Allows surfaces with lower smoothness to render blurry reflections
- Self Shadow – Allows a surface to cast shadow to itself using heightmap
- Self Shadow Angle – Adjusts the self shadowing angle, higher value allows the shadow to travel further
- Parallax Quality – Adjusts the quality of parallax occlusion mapping and self shadows
- Parallax Distance – Adjusts how far parallax occlusion mapping and self shadows can be rendered
- Directional Light-map – Adds normal mapping to vanilla lighting. Lightmap may glitch with this effect enabled
- Shadow Color – Enables tinted shadow from translucents. Used for colored volumetric light shafts. Slightly higher performance cost when using shadow filtering
- Shadow Backface Culling – This causes light to pass through terrain as side faces on chunks aren’t rendered even if the neighboring chunk on that side isn’t rendered either.
Microparticles and Effects
- DOF (Depth Of Field) – Blurs the objects that the player isn’t looking at to simulate focusing
- Nether DOF Strength – Adjusts the strength of the DOF in the Nether World
- Chromatic Aberration – Optical aberration that produces different focus depending on the wavelength. We then observe a blurry image with iridescent contours
- AA (Anti-aliasing) – Enables anti-aliasing. FXAA: Faster, works properly with screenshot size. TAA: Slower, captures subpixel detail and improves some effects
- Vibrance – Adjusts saturation of less saturated colors, well saturated colors are less affected
- Spider Eyes – Choose the color of the eyes for spider, enderman and dragon
- Flash Victime – Ensures perfect visibility of mobs in the dark once a weapon is in hand
- Detecteur Cave – Allows you to see caves, mineshaft, etc. Use a block of dirt in the cellars to see through the walls.
Water, Sky and Clouds
- Water Mode – Determine whether vanilla water texture should be used. Default: shader’s flat water color, no texture. Vanilla: vanilla texture
- Water Light shaft Strength
- Mouvement Eau – Used for Water refraction when you eyes is in water
- Tinted Vanilla – vanilla texture with shader’s water color
- Stars Light Intensity – Adjust Intensity of Stars Lighting. Too high a value may adversely affect the reflection of stars on the water if Stars reflection option is enabled
- Horizon Distance – Adjusts sky gradient. Nearer horizon gives slightly brighter sky, further horizon gives slightly darker sky
- Cloud Thickness – Adjusts cloud thickness, higher thickness makes artifacts more visible
- Soft Particles – Allows the particle to merge smoothly with the surrounding water environment
- Particles Visibility – Improves visibility in water by reducing the opacity of very close particles.
How to install CaptTatsu’s BSL Shaders
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download a mod
- Unzip it and copy to C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\ Roaming\.minecraft\mods
Created by: Capttatsu, LexBoosT