Here is a very simple but fairly high-quality F8thful 1.19.1-1.18.2 (Faithful 8x) resource pack, which is executed in a vanilla style, but has several important advantages. This option is a complete transformation of vanilla textures into their analogues, but with a reduced resolution of 8 x 8 pixels.
If you are really a true fan of the standard style, but want to try something new for yourself, this pack is exactly your choice. Most of the graphic elements are taken from the Faithful 16x and 32x pack, but this is very much simplified. Players with weak computers should positively evaluate this optimized version for the most popular texture set. In addition it has a very cute medieval look that is perfect for any small town or for all standard villages. If you are familiar with NES style, you will notice many similar elements in this pack, but only in the 3D version.
How to install F8thful
- Install Optifine HD (Not necessary but desirable)
- Download the texture pack from the section below.
- Sometimes the authors create different resolutions, Bedrock (Minecraft PE) or Java versions, so choose the option that you like or that you think your graphics card can handle.
- Please note that some releases may contain bugs, incompatibilities with shaders and other graphics addons, and in some cases may cause conflicts within Optifine HD. You can try installing a previous build to fix this.
- Move the “Zip” file to the “Resourcepacks” folder.
- This folder is located at the following path:
Mac OS X:
/Users/Your Profile Name/Library/Application Support/minecraft/
Quick way to get there: Click on the desktop and then press the combination of “Command+Shift+G” keys at the same time.
Type ~/Library and press the “Enter” key.
Open the Application Support folder and then Minecraft
Windows 11, 10, 8, 7:
C:\Users\Your Profile Name\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\
Quick way to get there: Press the “Windows” key and the “R” key at the same time.
Type %appdata% and press “Enter” key or click OK.
- Next, use step 14 to complete the installation.
- Launch the game client via the launcher.
- In the main menu of the game, click “Options” button.
- In the “Options” menu, select the “Resource Packs” button.
- Click on the “Open Resource Pack folder” button.
- Move the downloaded zip file to an open folder.
- Click the “Done” button.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left “Available” list, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- This will move the pack to the right “Selected” list that displays the used packs or shaders and other addons.
- Select the desired resolution, desired addons and click the “Done” button again.
- Now it’s loaded and ready to use in the game world!
Created by: ewanhowell5195