Illuminations 1.17.1-1.12.2 modification adds a lot of glowing particles to your game with which you can interact. At this point in the game there are fireflies living in wet and forest biomes, as well as their cool purple brethren appearing in the Ender and even magic biomes.
Now your biomes will come to life a little and the nights will become less scary. Every night you can watch very beautiful phenomena, like fireflies flickering and flying in random directions, but there are hundreds of them and it’s fun to build a house near them.
How to install Illuminations
- For fabric version: install Fabric and Fabric API
- For forge version: install Forge
- Make sure that you have the “Java” application installed.
- Download the “Zip” archive from our website.
- Inside this is a “Jar” mod. It can also contain old and new builds.
- Select the latest version of the “Jar” file that matches the game version.
- Please note that some releases may contain bugs, incompatibilities with other modifications, and in some cases may cause conflicts within Forge or Fabric. You can try installing the previous build to fix this.
- Move the “Jar” file to the “Mods” folder.
- This folder is located at the following path:
Mac OS X:
/Users/Your Profile Name/Library/Application Support/minecraft/
Quick way to get there: Click on the desktop and then press the combination of “Command+Shift+G” keys at the same time.
Type ~/Library and press the “Enter” key.
Open the Application Support folder and then Minecraft
Windows 11, 10, 8, 7:
C:\Users\Your Profile Name\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\
Quick way to get there: Press the “Windows” key and the “R” key at the same time.
Type %appdata% and press “Enter” key or click OK.
- The “Mods” folder is created automatically when you install Forge or Fabric, but you can always create it manually.
- Open the launcher and select the desired modloader.
- Launch the game and enjoy the new gameplay.
Created by: doctor4t