The author of Improved Default 1.16.5-1.16.4, being a big fan of vanilla textures, decided to create his own version of the improved default resource pack. Textures are highly recommended for use with shaders and optifine HD features.
Here is a very high-quality processing of vanilla textures, with which Minecraft will be very similar to the old RPG games, and there are many micro improvements that remove minor flaws and pixel separability on the blocks. Basically, the author uses all the functionality of Optifine and this will appeal to most players with weak GPUs.
Added geometric 3D polygon bulges on trident, shield, foliage, glazed terracotta, oak and jungle saplings, crossbow and arrows, making it possible to see fewer 2D objects with the old texture movement algorithm depending on the player’s position.
Additionally, it contains more than 800 variations for randomizing most blocks. Every time a player sets a block somewhere, a special feature of Optifine will be able to change the direction of individual elements on each side of the block.
There is 3D transparency to improve the volume of saddle, redstone and golden rail, elytra and chest.
Changed the inventory GUI to a better quality with a bunch of nice finishing touches at the corners and in the center of the grid with slots for ingredients.
Improved Default Pack is a great solution for fans of the classic game, because it will complement and eliminate all the shortcomings that the developers missed. During survival, this set of improvements will always lift your mood and add more interest to mine resources, build houses, or just travel in the game world.
How to install Improved Default
- Install Optifine HD
- Download the texture pack from the section below.
- Sometimes the authors create different resolutions, Bedrock (Minecraft PE) or Java versions, so choose the option that you like or that you think your graphics card can handle.
- Please note that some releases may contain bugs, incompatibilities with shaders and other graphics addons, and in some cases may cause conflicts within Optifine HD. You can try installing a previous build to fix this.
- Move the “Zip” file to the “Resourcepacks” folder.
- This folder is located at the following path:
Mac OS X:
/Users/Your Profile Name/Library/Application Support/minecraft/
Quick way to get there: Click on the desktop and then press the combination of “Command+Shift+G” keys at the same time.
Type ~/Library and press the “Enter” key.
Open the Application Support folder and then Minecraft
Windows 11, 10, 8, 7:
C:\Users\Your Profile Name\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\
Quick way to get there: Press the “Windows” key and the “R” key at the same time.
Type %appdata% and press “Enter” key or click OK.
- Next, use step 14 to complete the installation.
- Launch the game client via the launcher.
- In the main menu of the game, click “Options” button.
- In the “Options” menu, select the “Resource Packs” button.
- Click on the “Open Resource Pack folder” button.
- Move the downloaded zip file to an open folder.
- Click the “Done” button.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left “Available” list, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- This will move the pack to the right “Selected” list that displays the used packs or shaders and other addons.
- Select the desired resolution, desired addons and click the “Done” button again.
- Now it’s loaded and ready to use in the game world!