Light Overlay 1.19.4-1.18.2 is a fairly simple modification that will allow you to enable the display of the light level (by default, the F7 key): yellow indicates that mobs can appear at night, and red indicates that they can be generated at any time.
Use this tweak to accurately and correctly build a house somewhere underground or to eliminate existing mistakes with lighting. Now your home, farms and mines will be much safer and you can not be afraid that you will suddenly be attacked by monsters.
How to install Light Overlay
- For fabric version: install Fabric, Fabric API, Cloth Config and Architectury (Contained inside the archive)
- For forge version: install Forge API, Cloth Config and Architectury (Contained inside the archive)
- Make sure that you have the “Java” application installed.
- Download the “Zip” archive from our website.
- Inside this is a “Jar” mod. It can also contain old and new builds.
- Select the latest version of the “Jar” file that matches the game version.
- Please note that some releases may contain bugs, incompatibilities with other modifications, and in some cases may cause conflicts within Forge or Fabric. You can try installing the previous build to fix this.
- Move the “Jar” file to the “Mods” folder.
- This folder is located at the following path:
Mac OS X:
/Users/Your Profile Name/Library/Application Support/minecraft/
Quick way to get there: Click on the desktop and then press the combination of “Command+Shift+G” keys at the same time.
Type ~/Library and press the “Enter” key.
Open the Application Support folder and then Minecraft
Windows 11, 10, 8, 7:
C:\Users\Your Profile Name\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\
Quick way to get there: Press the “Windows” key and the “R” key at the same time.
Type %appdata% and press “Enter” key or click OK.
- The “Mods” folder is created automatically when you install Forge or Fabric, but you can always create it manually.
- Open the launcher and select the desired modloader.
- Launch the game and enjoy the new gameplay.
Created by: shedaniel