Better Dogs 1.20.1-1.19.4 resource pack was created specifically to completely replace the standard dog textures with 16 real breeds, as well as two or more different 3D options for each of them! Now all your pets will differ from each other not only in texture, but also in model!
The author tried to add as many realistic micro-details to the coat as possible, as well as increase or decrease the ears, lengthen or shorten the nose, and there are many other features for each of the breeds. This will appeal to fans of their four-legged Pets, and it will definitely help you get more pleasant emotions during walks and adventures with your loyal friend in the vast game world. To turn a vanilla option into a custom one, the player will need to create a special name tag. Some of the breeds have a subtype (Alternative). A wolf turns into a random dog, but you can achieve this by using name tags.
- Wolf (4 varieties)
- Border collie or Collie (4 varieties)
- German shepherd or Gshepherd. (3 varieties)
- Corgi (4 varieties)
- Pug (2 varieties)
- Dalmatian (3 varieties)
- Samoyed (1 variation)
- Beagle (3 varieties)
- Labrador retriever or Labrador, Lab. (5 varieties)
- Golden retriever (2 varieties)
- Husky (4 varieties)
- Bull terrier (2 varieties)
- Shiba Inu or Shiba, Inu. (3 varietes)
- Australian shepherd or Ashepherd (3 varieties)
- Dachshund or Teckel, Dackel (2 varieties)
- Chihuahua (3 varieties)
How to install Better Dogs
- Install Optifine HD
- Download the texture pack from the section below.
- Sometimes the authors create different resolutions, Bedrock (Minecraft PE) or Java versions, so choose the option that you like or that you think your graphics card can handle.
- Please note that some releases may contain bugs, incompatibilities with shaders and other graphics addons, and in some cases may cause conflicts within Optifine HD. You can try installing a previous build to fix this.
- Move the “Zip” file to the “Resourcepacks” folder.
- This folder is located at the following path:
Mac OS X:
/Users/Your Profile Name/Library/Application Support/minecraft/
Quick way to get there: Click on the desktop and then press the combination of “Command+Shift+G” keys at the same time.
Type ~/Library and press the “Enter” key.
Open the Application Support folder and then Minecraft
Windows 11, 10, 8, 7:
C:\Users\Your Profile Name\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\
Quick way to get there: Press the “Windows” key and the “R” key at the same time.
Type %appdata% and press “Enter” key or click OK.
- Next, use step 14 to complete the installation.
- Launch the game client via the launcher.
- In the main menu of the game, click “Options” button.
- In the “Options” menu, select the “Resource Packs” button.
- Click on the “Open Resource Pack folder” button.
- Move the downloaded zip file to an open folder.
- Click the “Done” button.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left “Available” list, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- This will move the pack to the right “Selected” list that displays the used packs or shaders and other addons.
- Select the desired resolution, desired addons and click the “Done” button again.
- Now it’s loaded and ready to use in the game world!
Created by Mrblueyeti