Indium 1.20.2-1.19.4 is an addition to the Sodium rendering optimization mod that activates the Fabric rendering API. As you know, the Fabric rendering API is required for many mods that use advanced rendering effects that are not directly supported by Sodium. Indium activates the functions of Indigo, which is part of the Fabric API.
Any mod using the Fabric Rendering API will need indium when used with sodium. These include: Companion, Bits and Chisels, Lambda Better Grass, Continuity, Packages and much more. Some of these mods can function without implementing the Fabric Rendering API, but have broken textures and models.
The impact of Indium on performance should be negligible, but mods using the Fabric Rendering API can affect performance themselves. Indium will not provide a performance advantage over using sodium alone.
How to install Macaw’s Roofs
- Download and install Sodium and Fabric API
- Make sure that you have the “Java” application installed.
- Download the “Zip” archive from our website.
- Inside this is a “Jar” mod. It can also contain old and new builds.
- Select the latest version of the “Jar” file that matches the game version.
- Please note that some releases may contain bugs, incompatibilities with other modifications, and in some cases may cause conflicts within Forge or Fabric. You can try installing the previous build to fix this.
- Move the “Jar” file to the “Mods” folder.
- This folder is located at the following path:
Mac OS X:
/Users/Your Profile Name/Library/Application Support/minecraft/
Quick way to get there: Click on the desktop and then press the combination of “Command+Shift+G” keys at the same time.
Type ~/Library and press the “Enter” key.
Open the Application Support folder and then Minecraft
Windows 11, 10, 8, 7:
C:\Users\Your Profile Name\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\
Quick way to get there: Press the “Windows” key and the “R” key at the same time.
Type %appdata% and press “Enter” key or click OK.
- The “Mods” folder is created automatically when you install Forge or Fabric, but you can always create it manually.
- Open the launcher and select the desired modloader.
- Launch the game and enjoy the new gameplay.