The Lumberjack (Treecapitator) mod is the most popular addon for Minecraft, but now there is a more optimized Timber 1.20.2-1.19.4 Data Pack that is more flexible and can interact with trees of all types or even trees from other modifications.
You may have been repeatedly annoyed by the long process of extracting wood resources, but now this process can be optimized by adding realistic tree felling. It is enough for the player to cut down just one block of the trunk, and then all the other blocks are destroyed independently.
Wood resources are the most popular building materials, but players are increasingly mining for stone because destroying blocks of stone with a pick is much easier and faster than standing under a tree trunk and slowly chopping down a single line of blocks. Using this data pack, you can balance different types of resource extraction because you will have to spend much less time on tree extraction, for example, this is noticeable if you have large tree farms.
In addition to significantly speeding up the gameplay, it has the feature to add a realistic slow destruction of the tree trunk. The author added a certain effect of detonation of neighboring blocks, it is something like the explosion of small blocks of dynamite. You can see how the upper blocks gradually transmit momentum to the lower ones and this is very cool, because this effect compensates for the lack of animation of the fall of the tree trunk.
- Data pack has more than 15 features that will add even more comfort during survival
- This only works when using axes. In the settings menu, you can balance this a little and disable the functions for simple axes
- To see all the functions that are enabled or disabled, enter:
- There is a command to quickly deactivate or activate the data pack:
- You can enable activation only when the player is standing or sneaking
- It can also destroy foliage so that you can get seedlings.
How to install Timber Data Pack
Installation for Single Player
Here the developers have provided that the data packs can be set either in a new or in an already created world:
Method 1: Installation when Creating a New World
- Launch Minecraft
- Create a new world and click on the “Data Packs” button
- Drag the data pack into the Minecraft window. It must be a zip file or folder
- Click “Yes” on the confirmation screen
- Move the data pack to the right side of the screen by clicking the triangle on its icon
- Click “Done” and continue creating your world, and then click “Create a New World”
- If the data pack has the correct format, it will be included in the world
- The operability can be checked while enabling the cheats function, for example by entering “/datapack list enabled” and find an entry with the name: [file/your data pack file/directory name].
Method 2: Installation in the Existing World
- Launch Minecraft
- Select the world for which you want to install the data pack, click “Edit”, and then “Open the World folder”
- Open a folder named “datapacks” and place the downloaded data pack here. It must be a zip file or folder
- Type “/reload” (if you have enabled cheats) or press “F3 +T” keys if you are in the world during installation
- The operability can be checked while enabling the cheats function, for example by entering “/datapack list enabled” and find an entry with the name: [file/your data pack file/directory name]
- If that doesn’t work, just restart Minecraft.
Installation for Multiplayer
- Download the data pack. It must be a zip file or folder
- Open the folder of your server, then open the folder of the game world in which you want to install the data pack (the name of the default folder: world)
- Place the data pack in a folder named “datapacks”
- If the server was started during installation, enter “/reload” from the console as a level 3 operator
- If the data pack has the correct format, it will be enabled on the server. You can check by typing “/datapack list enabled” using the console and as a level 3 operator find an entry with the name: [file/your data pack file/directory name].
Support Moggla (Author) and download it from the official link: