The name of this graphic modification speaks for itself! This will appeal to those players who do not like the flat sun and moon in the vanilla game world, so here is a full 3D version of the celestial bodies that are created to fix bugs in each of the custom texture packs.
This was created specifically to make not only the sun, but also the Moon more realistic, replacing the old flat version with a more suitable one that retained the default gameplay. You will also notice the beautiful effect of the moon phases, as well as the smooth blending of the colors of the sun’s rays during dawn and sunset. Additionally, there are some scripts that are activated when using Optifine.
Compatible with the following versions: 1.15.2, 1.14.4, 1.12.2, 1.9.4, 1.8.9, 1.7.10, 1.6, 1.5.
How to install 3D Sun and Moon
- Install Optifine HD
- Download the texture pack from the section below.
- Sometimes the authors create different resolutions, Bedrock (Minecraft PE) or Java versions, so choose the option that you like or that you think your graphics card can handle.
- Please note that some releases may contain bugs, incompatibilities with shaders and other graphics addons, and in some cases may cause conflicts within Optifine HD. You can try installing a previous build to fix this.
- Move the “Zip” file to the “Resourcepacks” folder.
- This folder is located at the following path:
Mac OS X:
/Users/Your Profile Name/Library/Application Support/minecraft/
Quick way to get there: Click on the desktop and then press the combination of “Command+Shift+G” keys at the same time.
Type ~/Library and press the “Enter” key.
Open the Application Support folder and then Minecraft
Windows 11, 10, 8, 7:
C:\Users\Your Profile Name\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\
Quick way to get there: Press the “Windows” key and the “R” key at the same time.
Type %appdata% and press “Enter” key or click OK.
- Next, use step 14 to complete the installation.
- Launch the game client via the launcher.
- In the main menu of the game, click “Options” button.
- In the “Options” menu, select the “Resource Packs” button.
- Click on the “Open Resource Pack folder” button.
- Move the downloaded zip file to an open folder.
- Click the “Done” button.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left “Available” list, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- This will move the pack to the right “Selected” list that displays the used packs or shaders and other addons.
- Select the desired resolution, desired addons and click the “Done” button again.
- Now it’s loaded and ready to use in the game world!
Created by: Stridey Official Twitter