RetroNES 1.20-1.19.4 is an epic 16x texture pack for Minecraft Java and Minecraft PE Bedrock that will immerse you in the wild nostalgia of the 90’s. The feeling of nostalgia derived from these options is indescribable, it’s like playing on an old console, not a computer. On each block you can see some Easter eggs which are a reference to some of the most popular console games of those times.
The current texture developer is Nightworm. This retro set of resources makes the game world completely new, because it not only replaces the textures of blocks and things, but also introduces its own sounds and effects. All this will immerse you to the old gaming world that has just begun to emerge. In some places in the game world, this will be very strange, but it may seem so only to beginners who have never seen the original pixel sketches from old games. This is especially unusual in the Nether, because the author has done a great job of updating the package to update each of the biomes. Moving into this world, the player will notice some elements from the locations and levels of retro arcade games that were created for boss fights.
How to install RetroNES
- Install Optifine HD (Not necessary but desirable)
- Download the texture pack from the section below.
- Sometimes the authors create different resolutions, Bedrock (Minecraft PE) or Java versions, so choose the option that you like or that you think your graphics card can handle.
- Please note that some releases may contain bugs, incompatibilities with shaders and other graphics addons, and in some cases may cause conflicts within Optifine HD. You can try installing a previous build to fix this.
- Move the “Zip” file to the “Resourcepacks” folder.
- This folder is located at the following path:
Mac OS X:
/Users/Your Profile Name/Library/Application Support/minecraft/
Quick way to get there: Click on the desktop and then press the combination of “Command+Shift+G” keys at the same time.
Type ~/Library and press the “Enter” key.
Open the Application Support folder and then Minecraft
Windows 11, 10, 8, 7:
C:\Users\Your Profile Name\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\
Quick way to get there: Press the “Windows” key and the “R” key at the same time.
Type %appdata% and press “Enter” key or click OK.
- Next, use step 14 to complete the installation.
- Launch the game client via the launcher.
- In the main menu of the game, click “Options” button.
- In the “Options” menu, select the “Resource Packs” button.
- Click on the “Open Resource Pack folder” button.
- Move the downloaded zip file to an open folder.
- Click the “Done” button.
- Your pack should have appeared in the left “Available” list, just hover over it and click on the arrow pointing to the right.
- This will move the pack to the right “Selected” list that displays the used packs or shaders and other addons.
- Select the desired resolution, desired addons and click the “Done” button again.
- Now it’s loaded and ready to use in the game world!
Created by: puffcap